Had a Personal Injury?
Talk to us about Compensation and Rehabilitation.
Most now know that if you have been injured and it was not your fault then you may be entitled to some compensation. This applies whether the injury occurred through an accident on the road, or at work, following substandard medical care, or when simply going about your everyday business. You may also have a claim if you have been the victim of a criminal assault or suffered through clinical negligence.
Whilst money cannot change what has happened, it can help you to deal with the consequences. Sometimes arrangements have to be made for earlier treatment to be paid, so you can get your life back faster.
At Thomas Dunton, we have been helping people for over several decades claim fair compensation for a personal injury, ranging from the results of a broken ankle to serious brain damage.
How can I get help?
We offer a free initial interview where we discuss the circumstances of the accident; and advise whether or not you may have a claim. There would be no charge for this, and no obligation.
If your claim is successful then the other party is responsible for most of your legal costs. If your claim is unsuccessful there is nothing to pay.
Rehabilitation is a cost effective measure for both the accident victim and the Insurer. By far the best rehabilitation is early intervention and a combination of measures to work around the victim’s impairments.
Whether the Rehabilitation has been successful may be best judged by the injured victims subjective wellbeing at the end of the course of rehabilitation.
Making a claim
Strict time limits apply for bringing a Personal Injury claim and proceedings must start within a 3 year period from the date of the accident. Children may claim at any time before they are 21 years of age.
What can I claim for?
There are two aspects to the claim.
Firstly, a value is placed on your pain, suffering and loss of amenity (ability to do things you normally would).
Secondly, a claim may be made for any financial loss which you have suffered. For example, you may have lost wages, incurred medical expenses including treatment costs or suffered property damage.
Ten reasons to choose Thomas Dunton to represent you:
- Specialist Personal Injury Team – We have a specialist team headed by Robert Sardo who, with over 20 years experience, has Senior Litigator Approved Status with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and is an Approved Member of the Law Society’s Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
- Qualified lawyer – When you speak to us you will be talking to a qualified lawyer, not a legal advisor at a call centre.
- Free one hour face to face interview – We offer you a free one hour face to face interview – not just a phone call to an advisor at a call centre. This will enable us to see your injuries, the affect that they have on your health, finances and social life. We are then in the best possible position to judge the merits of your case and provide the best advice. There is no obligation to use our services.
- Home & Hospital appointments – should you unable to attend our offices, we will be pleased to meet you at your home or hospital.
- Maximum compensation – We will strive to achieve the maximum compensation for your injuries. Did you know that accident victims who turn down an insurer’s initial offer and seek legal advice get on average 2 – 3 times more compensation? (Source: The Law Society 2013).
- No win, No fee – We can offer you a full range of funding options including “No win, No fee”. You do not have to pay any upfront costs and there will be nothing to pay should you lose the case. Please click here to view all the methods of funding available to you.
- No hidden costs or extra fees – We will explain everything in detail so you know exactly what your costs are likely to be before you decide whether to instruct Thomas Dunton.
- Rehabilitation – Something many others overlook but vitally important. Apart from striving for the maximum compensation, we will be actively pursuing the defendant to fund additional medical treatment to enable you to get back to full health as quickly as possible. As a local solicitor we will be familiar with local services such as Osteopathy, Physiotherapy etc.
- 24 hours Response – We will respond to your enquiry within 24 hours. It is important for your peace of mind that you know someone qualified is looking into your case.
- Established over 40 years – we have been representing clients with personal injuries, ranging from broken limbs to severe brain injuries, within Kent and S E London for over 40 years. We are local, professional and trusted.
We will be delighted to advise you in the following areas:
- Accidents — Road Traffic
- Accidents — Fatal
- Accidents at Work and Public Places
- Accidents — Tripping and Slipping
- Animal Related Incidents
- Asbestosis & all Industrial Disease cases (RSI, Hearing Loss, Occupational Asthma)
- Claims against the Police
- Claims by the elderly
- Claims on Behalf of Children or Protected Persons Claims involving the elderly.
- Claims relating to disasters both in the UK and abroad
- Claims arising outside the UK, either for personal injury or clinical negligence.
- Clinical negligence cases
- Cosmetic Surgery Claims
- Cycling legal requirements and advice
- Defective medicinal products
- Head injuries
- Hospital related infections
- Motorcycle injuries.
- Serious injury cases
- Stress at work claims
- Video Surveillance of accident victims